Taxis or Chauffeurs: the right choice for the job
Taxis or chauffeurs: the right choice for the job Knowing the key differences between booking a taxi and hiring a chauffeur can help you to make the right choice for your next trip.
By choosing the most suitable mode of transport for your journey, you can keep travel arrangements cost-effective and running smoothly. This blog explains the key differences between a taxi and a chauffeur, to help you decide which mode of transport is best suited to your journey.
When to choose a taxi
For short distance travel between 1-3 miles, calling a taxi company to arrange a journey at the drop of a hat might be the most affordable and convenient solution for you.
- Convenience of being able to arrange transport last minute.
- Affordable for short distance travel (1-3 miles).
- Paying by the meter is not cost-effective.
- If you’re only popping around the corner to the pub or the shops, then cheap and cheerful may be all that you require. If you’re travelling further afield though beware that the cost can really add up on when you’re paying by the meter.
When to choose a chauffeur
If you’re pre-arranging transport for a journey of 3 miles or more, for a special occasion or event, or for a whole day of travelling, you’ll want to ensure that your ride is comfortable.
- High level of service.
- Comfortable and relaxing travel.
- Stylish arrival.
- Receive an upfront price for the journey.
- Travel in a vehicle of your choice.
- Travel usually needs to be arranged in advance.
- Usually more expensive than a taxi.
To book executive or chauffeur travel that you can trust, get in touch with our team here at Driven Worldwide by calling us on 020 3848 5100 or using our online contact form to request assistance.