Networking is a business essential, yet some people still don’t value the concept. They don’t realise how many opportunities can be gained from meeting like-minded business professionals. The reality is that this is an easy and effective way of increasing your company's success.
It’s not unusual for networking to happen across cities, countries and even continents. They call these ‘financial roadshows’. These are meetings across different locations whereby top executives have the chance to talk to current and potential investors. These can be short city visits, a continent-wide marathon, or a month-long trip visiting financial centres around the world.
When it comes to networking, 1 in 4 business professionals don't currently network at all. A report by Virgin also revealed that almost 95% of people agreed that face-to-face meetings are vital for long-term business relationships. The average company would lose 17% of its profits if it eliminated business travel. Taking all this on board, we took a look at the five reasons why you should be on board with financial roadshows.
1. You can secure new investors
One of the main reasons why businessmen and women organise financial roadshows is to gain new investors. From business breakfasts to trade shows, this kind of networking allows you to introduce yourself to potential investors in a professional environment. According to Virgin, 85% of businesspeople believe an in-person meeting builds stronger, more meaningful business relationships.
2. You can find new business partners
Financial roadshows are not just a way to gain new investors. Through building connections, you could discover new business partners. Not only does it open up new doors for you and them, but it also offers a prime opportunity to share skills and knowledge with one another.
3. You can keep up-to-date with business trends
By meeting other professionals around the globe, you can broaden your horizons and learn important lessons. Through financial roadshows and meetings in various countries, you are provided with the tools to keep up-to-date with business trends and developments.
4. Motivation will increase
Networking with new people and being in a different environment can spark a new sense of motivation and creativity. By having the chance to escape from your daily routine, you could return to your office with a new sense of motivation, ready to take on new challenges.
5. You can open new doors
One of the greatest things about attending business roadshows, and why they are so endearingly popular, is that they bring a wealth of opportunities. These could be invitations to other workshops and events, or increasing your visibility and making other investors aware of your company. Networking begets networking.
Financial roadshow checklist
Here are a few things you need to remember when attending a financial roadshow:
- Take business cards: Your business cards should reflect your brand and have all the necessary and correct information. Make sure to hand these out and collect other people's too.
- Your aims: Before the event, ensure you know what you want to accomplish with the meeting. Introducing yourself clearly and adopting a professional and friendly approach will help you achieve your goals. Remember that people need to leave knowing who you are, what your company does, and what your company is called if you want it to be a successful endeavour.
- Know what you're selling: It’s essential that you don't over complicate the way you talk about what you're trying to sell. Practice an ‘elevator pitch’ to succinctly make your point and hook their attention from the start, before going into more detail.
- Update your LinkedIn profile: Although it's helpful having business cards, many people tend to prefer connecting online. Make sure that your LinkedIn profile is up to date. If you plan on connecting, make sure you charge your phone too.
If you are planning a financial roadshow in the future, contact us for a quote. Here at Driven Worldwide, we have provided chauffeur services for financial roadshows for 10 years. We handle over 10,000 roadshows every year, so you can count on us to deliver a high-quality service.