What are the duties and responsibilities of a chauffeur?
Looking for a premium travel service but unsure if hiring a chauffeur is the right option for you?
In this article, we will explain more about the services that chauffeurs provide, exploring chauffeur responsibilities and finding out ‘what are the duties of a chauffeur?’
What do chauffeurs do day to day?
Chauffeurs provide highly tailored travel services, meaning that what they do can vary from one day to the next, depending on the requirements of their clients. Generally, chauffeurs carry out the following tasks daily: • Drive passengers to and from their destination. • Meet and greet passengers. • Assist passengers with entering and exiting the vehicle. • Lift, carry, and manage passenger luggage. • Clean and maintain their vehicle. • Route planning. • Provide local insight and recommendations. • Carry out errands for clients. • Manage travel itineraries.
What are the responsibilities of a chauffeur?
So, now we understand what chauffeurs do daily, but what are their overarching responsibilities? A chauffeur should fulfil the following responsibilities:
• Keep passengers safe – Above all, chauffeurs should always adhere strictly to road and traffic laws and safety protocols to keep their passengers safe.
• Act with professionalism and discretion – Chauffeurs are responsible for always retaining a professional image and ensuring their passengers feel relaxed and comfortable. As such, they should maintain professional discretion at all times.
• Ensure client satisfaction – Chauffeur-driven travel is a premium, luxury transportation service, so chauffeurs should go above and beyond to ensure that passengers are satisfied with their service.
• Maintain a meticulous appearance – The chauffeur represents the image of the company they work for, so they are responsible for maintaining meticulous personal grooming and stylish, professional attire.
• Be punctual – When working as a chauffeur, punctuality is more than a courtesy; it’s a requirement. Chauffeurs must manage their routes and schedules carefully to avoid any delays or inconveniences to the client.
• Resolve conflict – Should any issues arise, chauffeurs should resolve them diplomatically, professionally, and with courtesy.
Do chauffeurs open the door?
A chauffeur’s duties include meeting and greeting clients and assisting them to enter and exit the vehicle. This means that, as standard, chauffeurs are expected to open and close the vehicle doors for their passengers as part of the luxurious and personalised travel service they offer.
This seemingly small gesture can significantly enhance the passenger’s experience, imparting a sense of attentive care and sophistication. It also helps passengers to project professionalism and style, helping them to make a lasting impression when they arrive at their destination.
Here at Driven Worldwide, our wide range of professional chauffeur services is trusted by some of the largest companies in the world. We offer personal chauffeur services, managed projects, roadshows, high-security travel, and more in over 1500 locations worldwide. Ready to Book a car or get a quote for reliable chauffeur travel? Contact our team, and we’ll tailor a personal chauffeur service to meet your needs.